23 April 2015

Self portrait video project


As a final project for Networked Image module, we were asked to create a self portrait of 2-3 minutes. I immediately had loads of ideas, and as I went to Finland for Easter holidays, I managed to get quite a lot of footage from there, which I think makes the clip that extra bit special. Now, I'll let you watch it first and talk more about it below.
+ Meijän loppuprojekti Networked Image kurssille oli kuvata 2-3 minuutin omakuvausvideo. Meille ei annettu mitään ohjeita, joten toteutus oli vapaa, ja mulla oli tietenkin heti monta ideaa. Pääsiäislomalla Suomessa sain kuvattua aika paljon materiaalia, ja sen takia toi pätkä onkin jopa ripauksen kivempi ja henkilökohtasempi. Nyt annan teijän kattoa sen ja kirjottelen lisää tossa alempana.  

Remember to turn the quality to HD!
First of all, I absolutely love the song I found. It has such a happy rhythm, which describes my usual mood really well. I got the idea of writing the narrative on 'blog' during one of the lectures, because we were watching some clips other students made last year, and I realised that it was possible to add writing in between the clips. I thought it would make sense for me to write my thoughts on a 'blog' because it's such a big part of my life. I recorded my screen as I typed, and made the writing faster on a movie editor. To pick ideas for the main clips, I basically listed down a handful of things I find important in my life, like nail polish and smoothies. One of my favourite parts of the video is me walking from Finland to England, which I got the idea for on the plane to Finland. There and then I decided I needed to film it because anything a bit funny is so me. I also had a clip of me eating a carrot and pulling a crazy face but it didn't unfortunately fit in this clip. :-D I filmed everything freehand, so if I was to do a video again, I'd probably use a tripod. I filmed with my DSLR camera, which was quite enough qualitywise. I mean, Youtube always makes the quality a lot worse anyway, that's why it's good to turn the quality to HD. Altogether I am super happy with how it turned out, and have been playing it on the background whilst writing this because I just like the song that much. To be honest, this project was something I would do just for fun, to then put it up on here, because I generally enjoy documenting my life, and I guess I know myself quite well to describe myself easily. I've been editing it pretty much all day, with the good old Windows movie maker. :-D And now I have one presentation and one project out the way, which makes the workload a little bit lighter. 
+ Alkuun on pakko mainita, että toi biisi on mun mielestä niin hyvä! Se on niin ilonen ja rytmikäs ja mun mielestä kuvaa mun yleisfiilistä tosi hyvin. Sain idean tohon 'blogiin' kirjottamiseen yhellä luennolla, koska katottiin viime vuoden opiskelijatöitä ja tajusin, että videoiklippien väliin voi lisätä tekstiä. Ja blogiin kirjottaminen nyt on aika olennainen osa mun elämää, joten jo senkin takia mun mielestä se oli ihan nappivalinta. Nauhotin mun näyttöä kun kirjotin noi pätkät ja nopeutin sitä editoimalla. Valitsin ideat noihin pääklippeihin kirjottamalla paperille useemman asian, jotka on mulle tärkeitä, esim. smoothiet ja kynsilakka. :-D Yks mun lempparikohdista on se, missä kävelen Suomesta Englantiin. Sain siihen ajatuksen lentokoneessa, ja päätin, että se on pakko kuvata koska mikään vähänkin hauska on niin mun juttu. Kuvasin myös klipin, missä syön porkkanaa ja näytän aika sekopäiseltä hullunkiilto silmissä, mutta se ei harmiksi mahtunu tohon videolle. Kuvasin kaiken vapaalla kädellä, ja jos kuvaisin uudestaan käyttäisin varmaan tripodia. Kuvasin mun järkkärillä, mikä oli mun mielestä ihan tarpeeks hyvänlaatunen. Sitä paitsi Youtube aina tuhoo laadun, ja siks toi kannattaakin laittaa HD-asetukselle. Kaiken kaikkiaan oon supertyytyväinen tohon ja oon soittanu sitä tässä taustalla kun oon kirjottanu koska toi biisi on vaan niin ihana. Oikeestihan tää projekti ois sellanen, että voisin ihan hyvin vuoks kuvailla ja editoida, ihan vaan blogia varten koska tykkään dokumentoida mun arkea. Ja kai mä tunnen itteni tarpeeks hyvin, että voin helposti keksiä aiheita tällaselle videoille. Oon muokannu tota tänään melkeenpä koko päivän, vanhalla kunnon Movie Makerilla, hehe. :-D Ja nyt on yks esitelmä ja yks projekti vähemmän murhedittavaa, jee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment