26 March 2015

Last day before the holidays

DSC_0051DSC_0023
DSC_0037
DSC_6942
DSC_0025
DSC_7395
DSC_7411

Today is the last day before the two week Easter holiday! We've been constantly reminded about essays, presentation and projects for the past week and I am quite glad to let all the stress go for a couple of days and just relax. I suddenly decided to book flights to Finland, and am going to stay there for a week. We have a couple of family events coming up so it was quite the right time to go. The only downside is that I'm flying on my boyfriend's birthday but we had a lovely day at the beach on Tuesday and have been doing a lot of stuff together this week. I even bought him a present for the first time in two years (because he's just always wanted money for car parts etc). :-D We usually go to Finland together but this came up so suddenly he couldn't get time off work. We have gone to Finland for Easter for the past couple of years because we usually go to Lapland around this time but this year my parents had their own holiday at the Caribbean so we weren't originally going. I think that's why it feels so natural going back now because it's been the same for years.

As I said we've been told about all the assingments, essays and presentations now and the stress is in the air. I've been trying to keep calm but the fact is I will have to read loads and loads for my essays, a presentation, and a magazine project. Luckily I've finished all the projects we've been given throughout the semester. I think I'm going to print a couple of readings and take them with me on holiday to read on the plane and prepare my essay. I am dreading the essay questions for the main theory module, which has basically been about all sorts of research methods and so on, and the questions are just as interesting as the module has been (as in the most boring). We also have to write and design a 8-page magazine as the final project for print media module, and make a vlog and an essay (I think) for the networked image module. It shall be a lot of work but at least we're gonna have a bit of extra time to work on it during the holidays. I will be getting more work next month so I shall be a busy bunny (haha Easter jokes). I hope you'll all have a lovely holiday. I'm not sure if I'll be updating during my stay in Finland but we'll see. I hope you don't mind the random pictures, I just had them in the drafts so at least I won't be posting just loads of text without loads of pictures. :-P Have a lovely Easter everybody!

+ Tänään on vika päivä ennen pääsiäislomaa! Meitä ollaan koko viikko muistuteltu esseistä, esitelmistä ja projekteista ja oon aika ilonen, että kaiken stressin voi unohtaa hetkeks. Mä päätin yllättäen varata lennot Suomeen ja vietänkin siellä sitten viikon mun lomasta. Meillä on pari tapahtumaa perheen kanssa, eli on kyllä ihan oikee aika tulla sinne. Ainoo huono puoli on, että lennän mun poikakaverin synttäripäivänä. Ollaan onneks tehty kaikkea kivaa tällä viikolla ja tiistaina käytiin rannallakin. Ostin sille jopa synttärilahjan ekaa kertaa kahteen vuoteen (koska se on aina vaan halunnu rahaa auton osiin yms). :-D Me ollaan yleensä menty Suomeen yhessä, mutta tää loma tuli niin yllättäen ettei se saanu vapaata töistä. Käydään yleensä Suomessa pääsiäisen aikaan kun mennään mun perheen kanssa Lappiin, mutta tänä vuonna vanhemmat meni Karibialle eli ei alun perin oltu menossa ollenkaan Suomeen. Siks varmaan tuntuu jotenkin niin luonnolliselta mennä sinne nyt kun niin on tehny vuosia.

Niinku sanoin, meille ollaan koulussa kerrottu esseistä, esitelmistä ja tehtävistä ja stressiä on ilmassa. Oon yrittäny pysytellä rauhallisena, mutta tiedän että mun pitää lukea ihan sairaasti materiaalia esseitä, esitelmiä ja yhtä loppuprojektia varten. Onneks oon sentään tehny kaikki projektit ajallaan tän lukukauden aikana. Aion varmaan tulostaa pari kappaletta lukemista lomalle mukaan otettavaksi, että voin sitten vaikka lentokoneessa lukea ja valmistella mun esseitä. Pelottaa ajatellakaan sitä tutkimusteoriakurssin esseetä koska ne kysymykset on yhtä mielenkiintosia kuin se kurssi on ollu (kuolettavan tylsiä siis). Meijän pitää myös kirjottaa ja suunnitella kaheksansivunen lehti loppuprojektiks print media-kurssille ja kuvata vlogi ja kirjottaa essee (kai) networked image-kurssille. Aika paljon töitä pitää paiskia, mut ainakin on vähän enemmän aikaa kun on loma. Ens kuussa saankin taas normaalin määrän töitä, eli tuun olemaan varsin kiireinen. Toivottavasti teillä on mukava pääsiäisloma. En oo varma ehinkö Suomen lomalta päivittelemään blogia, mutta se nähdään sitten. Toivottavasti teitä ei haittaa nää randomkuvat, mutta kun taas luonnoksista löysin ettei tarttis laittaa paljon tekstiä ilman montaa kuvaa. :-P Mukavaa pääsiäistä kaikille!

No comments:

Post a Comment