1 March 2015

First homework - twitter fiction!

DSC_6908
I've somehow not felt like posting this week. I've had loads of pictures but nothing to write, so I decided to do it the simple way and repost what I put on my portfolio blog. :-D This week on the networked image module we were given a task of writing three pieces of twitter fiction. I haven’t used twitter before so I didn’t really know what it was all about. We were told there were examples on the Guardian’s website and on twitter under #twitterfiction, and I found out thattwitter fiction is basically a moment from a story that supposedly was told or a thing that happened. It strangely mixes poetry, fiction and is kept to 140 characters, like tweets are. I got the first potential twitter fiction idea right after the lecture when I missed my bus. I did have to change the wording of it quite a bit to fit to the character limits and in order to save the ‘revealing’ plot twist to the end. Here it goes, my first ever twitter fiction:
  • I ran for my life, I did not want to miss it, but I did. Then I heard the bus hadn’t even turned up – they said it was the diversions.
Mulla ei oo jotenkaan ollu sellanen olo, että haluisin postata jotain vaikka kuvia olis, joten päätin oikasta ja laittaa tänne meijän ekan kunnollisen projektipostauksen networked image kurssilta. Meille annettiin tehtäväksi kirjottaa kolme twitter fictionia, ja koska mähän en käytä twitteria, mulla ei ollu hajuakaan mitä se oikeen tarkotti. The Guardianin nettisivuilta ja twitteristä hakemaslla #twitterfiction löyty esimerkkejä, ja mulle selvis, että twitter fiction on hetki tai tapahtuma tarinasta joka muka kerrottiin tai hetki joka tapahtui. Se on periaatteessa runojen ja romaanien sekotus, mutta tiivistetty twitterin sallimaan 140 merkin tilaan. Sain mun ekan twitter fiction idean kun myöhästyin bussista heti luennon jälkeen. Mun piti aluksi muokata sitä aika paljon, varsinkin että saisin sen mahdutettua tohon merkkimäärään ja että saisin säästettyä yllättävän juonenkäänteen viimeseksi. Tosta ylhäältä näette alkuperäsen, mutta käännään sen tähän myös suomeksi.
  •  Juoksin henkeni edestä,  en halunnut myöhästyä, mutta niin kävi. Sitten kuulin ettei bussi ollut edes tullut - johtuu tietöistä, he sanoivat.
DSC_6904
After the first bright idea I had nothing on my mind, and trying to think of at least something I decided to write a twitter fiction of my struggles…
  • Eternal emptiness… no ideas, no inspiration. She had been thinking about it for days… How to write a striking twitter fiction?
Haha, I was quite amused by this one. I’m not one to take things too seriously, so when I struggle I try just something different. This could be a really deep and emotional bit of a novel but then it’s got the hilarious twist. I quite started to enjoy the writing project as I managed to come up with the two fictions. I noticed that it’s quite easy to tell the genre of different twitter fictions, I mean you can have horror, crime, romance, or whatever you’d like! l decided to try something different next…
 Ekan kirkkaan idean jälkeen mun pää olikin ihan tyhjä ja kun yritin kovasti pohtia ihan vaan jotain, päätin kirjottaa twitter fictionin kirjottamisen vaikeudesta...
  • Ikuista tyhjyyttä... ei ideoita, eikä inspiraatiota. Hän oli pohtinut jo päiväkausia... Miten kirjoittaisin osuvan twitter fictionin?
Hehhe, tulipas hauska. En yleensäkään ota asioita liian vakavasti, joten nyt kun ei homma sujunu päätin kokeilla erilaista lähestymistapaa. Tää vois oikeesti olla joku tosi syvällinen ja tunteellinen kohta romaanista, mutta sitten siinä onkin hauska loppu. Aloin itseasiassa tykkäämään tästä tehtävästä kun olin keksiny jo kaksi twitter fictionia. Huomasin myös, että eri genret on aika selkeesti esillä twitter fictioneissa, koska voi olla romanttinen, kauhu, tai esim. rikosteema. Seuraavaksi päätin koittaa jotain vähän erilaista...

DSC_6928
  • His hands were covered in blood. Where did it all come from? It’s not like he deserved it – he was only there to clean the toilets.
Ha! Got a bit of scary crime stuff going on there. :-D It wasn’t actually that hard figuring out the third one, it just came from somewhere! I felt so happy after completing the first task we've been given during the first year, as I wrote in the last post. Next we were told we'd have to pick one of the twitter fictions and make a story out of it, writing 5 tweets each in pairs. You'll see soon which one we picked!
  • Hänen kätensä olivat aivan veriset. Mistä se kaikki tuli? Eihän hän ansainnut tätä, hänhän oli vain siivoamassa vessoja.

Haa, tulipas vähän jännempi rikosvaikutteinen twitter fictioni. Vikan keksiminen olikin oikeestaan melko helppoa kun aivot oli vetreentyny. Mulla oli tosi kiva fiilis kun olin saanu tän tehtävän tehtyä, kuten sanoin viime postauksessa. Seuraavaksi meille kerrottiin, että noista pitäis parin kanssa valita yksi ja kirjottaa siitä yhteensä 10 twitter fictionin pitunen tarina. Pian kerron, että mikä me oikeen valittiin!
DSC_0014

No comments:

Post a Comment